Let’s start with the basics:
– “Islam” literally translates in Arabic to “Submission to God”, and is the faith for approximately 1.6 Billion people all over the world.
– “Muslim” translates to “One who submits to God”
– “Allah” is the word referring to the one and only Almighty God in Arabic, and Aramaic (Language of Jesus). Arab Jews and Arab Christians refer to God with the same word.
Being Muslim is to :
– Accept a one and only God who does neither beget nor is he begotten, and looks like nothing man has ever seen.
– Believe in all of God’s prophets that were sent with the same monotheistic message including Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah, Jonah, Joseph, and many others.
– Perform the 5 daily prayers, fast the holy month of Ramadan, give Zakat (Alms), and perform Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca) at least once in a person’s lifetime.
– Believe in the Holy Qur’an as the final revelation from God.
– Believe in the day of judgement and in the afterlife.
– Strive to be a good human who follows God’s Guidance in order to enter heaven.
Would you like to learn more about Islam ?
You are always welcome to visit our community, and it would be easier for us to help you if you contact us in advance so we can assign you a community member to give you a tour of the Center and discuss any questions you might have.
You may contact us through: http://www.icbcs.org/contact/
Other Links to help you learn more about Islam: